Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Heading North ....


I have never before lived outside of Surrey... I am not proud of this fact.

It is just the way it has been. Change has always scared me. But now for the first time I am going to try living somewhere else, somewhere new, somewhere beautiful.

On the 5th November I will be heading to the Yorkshire Dales with Stray to start a new chapter. I don't know what it will bring, I also don't know what to expect. But then if I don't expect anything, I won't be disappointed.., right?

I love the countryside, I love the thought of living in a small community. A new community, where no one knows me and I do not know them. New friendships to gain, and new bonds to make.

I am excited, but I am not scared, because I will be with Stray... the world is not so scary when Stray is in it with me.

We have a wonderful house to live in, a converted barn. I hope Frank will be happy there. I think cats need new adventures to keep them alive. I think I do too!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Stray said...

Oh Badger! You made me cry ... just a little. I shall come and finish dinner now and pretend that I'm not all teary.

It's definitely much less scary for me that you are coming too. I think because you are very reliable and because you are just such lovely fun. Moving with you guarantees lots of laughing, as well as lovely walks :)

We're going to have an adventure!

Sx

7:52 PM  
Blogger Random Reflections said...

Aw Badger, it sounds very exciting that you will be moving up north. You're very fortunate to have Stray - and her you. I'm sure you'll both make a whole new home for yourselves in Yorkshire. Lots to look forward to!

10:14 PM  
Blogger TJam said...

yay, go you!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Beverley Cuddy said...

Badger - you're making me cry too! How will we ever manage without you! The office will be a much duller place without you. How will I ever remember my passwords, or anything else of significance?
I know it's time for you to fly, but it's still sad!
Bx

5:54 PM  
Blogger Badger said...

It will be sad but.. I will still be with you in spirit. On the end of the phone whenever you need me. :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Oh ... you are so lovely!

Looking forward to nipping over for a cuppa and a slice of cake.
x

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jon M said...

Wow a big adventure! Have you got your phrase book? ;-)

8:10 AM  
Blogger XXYXX said...

Don't worry Badger. I'll be just a few hills and dales away, should you need a sudden injection of Surrey in your life.

I made the transition from Guildford to the Dales, and thrived. You'll have a lovely new adventure.

8:34 AM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Ah, England's north... Best part of the country, after Shropshire of course...

Honestly, I don't come on here for five minutes and what happens? You move bleedin' house. I miss all the good stuff.

Best of luck with the move, which is obviously imminent and then some. Be moving myself soon, all being well.

2:30 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-17keyun
coach outlet online
jordan concords
michael kors outlet sale
coach factory outlet
fitflop clearance
sunglasses oakley
coach outlet store
gucci outlet
lebron 12
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
fit flops
ugg australia
abercrombie and fitch
nike free 5.0
marc jacobs outlet
discount jordans
ugg boots
ray ban outlet store
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
nike air max uk
louis vuitton bags
toms
p90x
cheap rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet online
jordan retro 11
canada goose
louis vuitton bags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
ugg australia outlet

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home