Monday, May 28, 2007

A Ticnic and some skates ...

On Saturday I went to a Ticnic in Hyde Park. It was great. It was the first time I have ever been in the company of someone/anyone with Tourettes. It was fascinating and I felt totally normal and relaxed, which I don't think I have ever felt before. They were all really lovely people and I was pleased to have found the courage to go and meet them. I somehow managed to get myself on the quiet train cabin on the way up with the aid of Stray. This made me a little anxious, but it was ok.

The most exciting news of the day for me is the reason I was up in Hyde Park in the first place.... I was in London to buy myself a new pair of Skates from the Blue Room Store by Marble Arch.

And here they are. They are beautiful. I *heart* them lots. I start my lessons in June in London and I am very excited to be learning to skate properly and I am also excited to meet some new people. People that skate, so I think they must be cool people. I hope so.


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Probably the best blog in the world said...

If you go down to the park today you're sure for a big surprise. If you go down to the park today you won't believe your eyes. Todays the day the tourettey kids have their tic nic. x

6:14 PM  
Blogger But Why? said...

I am Terrified. Absolutely Petrified. Those things look far scarier than the Heeleys, and I know for a fact you haven't yet mastered the noble art of stopping.

I really, really hope you get uber-good uber-quickly!

But (I'm scared if you practice at home I might get hurt, and Ruby's so frightened by the prospect she wet the bed...) x

7:20 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I love your skates. I love them sooooo much.

And yay! for train and Hyde Park and courage x

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

Yo Badger. Ticnic. Good stuff x

9:09 PM  
Blogger badgerdaddy said...

Skates look wicked.

Reminds me of a day in London, many years ago, when my girlfriend at the time and an old friend of mine insisted on buying old-style rollerboots, then taking them home and watching grease while they sat wearing their boots... Was quite bizarre.

11:48 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-17keyun
coach outlet online
jordan concords
michael kors outlet sale
coach factory outlet
fitflop clearance
sunglasses oakley
coach outlet store
gucci outlet
lebron 12
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
fit flops
ugg australia
abercrombie and fitch
nike free 5.0
marc jacobs outlet
discount jordans
ugg boots
ray ban outlet store
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
nike air max uk
louis vuitton bags
toms
p90x
cheap rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet online
jordan retro 11
canada goose
louis vuitton bags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
ugg australia outlet

8:48 AM  
Blogger chenlili said...

air jordan
jordans
burberry scarves
coach outlet
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
coach factory outlet
michael kors
michael kors outlet
michael kors
chenyingying20180331

7:38 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

mulberry handbags
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren uk
moncler online outlet
vibram five fingers
superdry clothing
red bottom shoes
red bottoms
nike blazer

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home