Friday, June 15, 2007

Headed North in search of Adam...

Yesterday I whizzed up the M6 and back again in my trusty little Mini to go to Carolines book launch, and it was wonderful, so wonderful. Big smiles.

I have never been to a book launch before, I have also never been to Manchester before and I have never met so many lovely bloggy people all in one place. Does this mean all bloggers are lovely or have I met a bundle of the elicit few? ;)

I feel very lucky to have been a part of the wonderful occasion.
I felt very relaxed and normal and .... well.... like me! No hiding, no falsities... just the real Badger. Thats what blogging does you see, it opens you up in an honest way, if you choose to let it. A way that allows you to feel real in the presence of those, who may (or may not) have stumbled across your blog and ultimately your thoughts.

I was nervous about twitching I must admit, but after 10 minutes I began to relax and I felt safe and happy.. I was especially nervous about making a ghastly squeaking noise during Carolines beautiful reading. She was perfect. I sat on my paws and only nearly kicked the lovely Ms M the once.

I also met many blog owners whose blog pages I was yet to stumble upon, but which I have now. Jon, Matthew, nmj, Clare and Jude to mention a few.

And I got cuddles! Lots of lovely cuddles from Bobo (who doesn't really have a monkey head - phew!), Ms Mmmm, Caroline and Stray. Lovely cuddles.

I am not very good at hugs... I said to Ms M that it wasn't that I didn't like hugs, I do. I just don't know how you go about making one. Something that seems so simple really seems overwhelmingly complicated to me. I think maybe I am Huglexic.

ps. I drove home through this.... but it was worth it!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

You hugged me back too ;-)
It was fabulous meeting you. You are sooooooo beautiful. Thanks for travelling all the way up to 'sunny' Manchester.
x

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jude said...

It was lovely, wasn't it?

I had a great time meeting you all. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jon M said...

I always end up head butting people and that kissing cheeks thing always freaks me out cos you're never sure how far toe xtend your neck, and then you have reached out far enough and you end up head butting again! It was great to meet you last night!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jon M said...

Yellow T-shirt alert! Yellow T-shirt alert! :-)

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

Oh lovely Badger - it was wonderful to meet you. I can vouch for it that you sat firmly on your paws during Caroline's reading, and I was happy to be almost kicked by you. Glad you got back safely, hon.

8:24 PM  
Blogger hesitant scribe said...

Helloo - I didn't get a chance to talk to you but I did stand next to you for a bit! I think we were very lucky that Caroline attracts lovely people!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huglexic - what a lovely word!

It was great to meet you - you are gorgeous.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Some friends and I once had a great long discussion on the subject of "flugs" which are those hugs where neither party is quite sure what they are doing or whether they are doign it right or whether it will be reciprocated or how to reciprocate, and there is a big hole in the middle of the flug, with minimum touching around the outsides.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Jon M said...

Ou est La Badger? (That's a bit of fwench)

10:36 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-17keyun
coach outlet online
jordan concords
michael kors outlet sale
coach factory outlet
fitflop clearance
sunglasses oakley
coach outlet store
gucci outlet
lebron 12
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
fit flops
ugg australia
abercrombie and fitch
nike free 5.0
marc jacobs outlet
discount jordans
ugg boots
ray ban outlet store
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
nike air max uk
louis vuitton bags
toms
p90x
cheap rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet online
jordan retro 11
canada goose
louis vuitton bags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
ugg australia outlet

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home