Sunday, July 08, 2007

Summer days .... don't waste them.

I have had a jolly summering and social weekend. I feel quite grown up... (Grown up because although I wanted to spend all afternoon in the pub, I did not, I looked at pretty Barge boats instead).

On Saturday I went into my local town to watch the fun and frolics of the annual raft race event. This consists of lots of crazy people with home made rafts somehow propelling themselves upstream 2 miles in a timed race.

There was a wonderful range of rafts. I was most impressed by the Animal Ark. Very lovely indeed. It was spoilt slightly by the prescence of huge fluffy people animals around it. I hate them, I have always hated things like that. Almost as scary as clowns. Ugh. Disney would have been like a nightmare to me as a small child. I thanked my little cuddly toys every night that my parents never took me to Disney.


Dr But Why? was in the race this year, and I somehow picked the perfect position along the route to catch her falling off the raft followed by a series of shots while she attempted to clamber back on. :)


After looking at all the rafts I carried on back down the river to another event which was taking place, this time the annual prize award for the best dressed narrow boat. I must say I enjoyed people watching more. What a mis-match of people there was.




Then home and off to a good friends house for a BBQ and a fly in their Hot Air Balloon. We had to put off the launch however until the morning as the wind had picked up. So we were up at 5.30am bright and breezy and off out into the field with the balloon and basket. Up and away by 7am, and down by 9am. All packed up and then to the local tea room for some breakfast and champagne. Perfect. Hot Air Ballooning is a wonderful experience, I recommend you all do it. Its the safest place my head can be.... I was going to say that it was the safest place that anyone could be. But thats just silly, safety is having two feet on the ground. What i mean is that in Badgers world it feels safe and calm and tranquil. Especially at 6am on a summers day.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger But Why? said...

...ahem, I should like to point out that I did not actually fall into the river though any neglect on my part. Quite the opposite, in fact. I had slight concerns that the gaffer tape we applied an hour before the race might not hold up to the sustained battering of the wild waters of the Wey, and my brief immersion was in fact merely a practice for my captain's duty of going down with my ship should any repeat of last year's sinking activities materialise.

Belive that and I'll buy you a pint....

But x

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jon M said...

Hot Air Balloons frighten me! So do people dressed up, I once refused to sit in the REAL Bat Mobile with the REAL Adam West cos he looked scary to me.Raft races are fun though.

9:46 PM  
Blogger But Why? said...

Hang on a minute...

"This consists of lots of crazy people with home made rafts somehow propelling themselves upstream 2 miles in a timed race"

I've just realised that you are calling me crazy. The ironies... I think I may have to spend my six remaining hours of commuting this week working out whether or not to be offended.

But xx

10:41 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

I love the Noah's Ark. I might have to build myself one in case Norfolk falls in to the North Sea.

10:26 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-17keyun
coach outlet online
jordan concords
michael kors outlet sale
coach factory outlet
fitflop clearance
sunglasses oakley
coach outlet store
gucci outlet
lebron 12
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
fit flops
ugg australia
abercrombie and fitch
nike free 5.0
marc jacobs outlet
discount jordans
ugg boots
ray ban outlet store
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
nike air max uk
louis vuitton bags
toms
p90x
cheap rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet online
jordan retro 11
canada goose
louis vuitton bags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
ugg australia outlet

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home