Sunday, July 29, 2007

With floods come slugs...

Well what a week its been. Our office was flooded.... again... we only went back in March after the last flood destroyed our offices in August 2006.
We were more prepared this time, we saw the water rising and saved pretty much everything, we then escaped just in time before the whole village went under water. So its been a week of relocation and hasseling BT to get us up and running in a new place down the road until we are dried out. We have all our stuff in the new place, but there is not much you can do in this day and age with no phones or internet access. So roll on Thursday when it should (fingers crossed) be ready to roll, ring, and surf.


With these floods also came some pretty huge prehistoric slugs. I can not stand the things and this evening when wandering into my bedroom I was faced with what looked like two eels about to make out on my window. Like we need any more of the poxy things eating my runner beans... which I must inform you I have given up on. If its not the slugs its the wind blowing them over every 5 minutes.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

It looks like they are dancing. That is a great picture Badger!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jon M said...

put salt on them, that'll teach the blighters then you can eat them instead of the runner beans. Bleurrgh hideous thought! Nice thought french beans, dwarf, close to ground, much easier to grow, much nicer!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

What an amazing photo!

I agree with the slug thing though *shudder* Though am not keen on salting them. They go foamy and it seems mean to kill them like that.

Yeuchyeuchyeuch.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Wow and YUCK!!!

Here.. maybe this will help.

I awarded you with a thoughtful blogger award on my page... please drop by when you get a chance, and pick it up.


Best,
Scarlett & Viaggiatore

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home