Monday, August 13, 2007

Green fingers...

Back in May I bought some seeds, and, if I am honest I did not hold out much hope of actually managing to grow the plants let alone gain any veg from them. I last posted about my early crop growth here. They have certainly come along in the past 3 months of rain, wind and odd bits of sunshine.
I almost gave up on one lot of my runner beans as the wind kept blowing them over and every time I looked there were plenty of little red flowers but not a single sighting of a bean. Until Stray pointed out that I look for things with "boy" eyes. And then to my delight with a little more looking and moving of leaves, there they were!! we have eaten two already and they are very tasty and I am therefore very proud.



Below is another little something that seems to be growing very well, it is a Ridge Cucumber plant. It is still early days for this one, but its doing well, and as you can see I have a few Cucumbers forming nicely already.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Wow, they are mighty fine beans. I'm coming round for dinner!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Those little cucumbers are gherkins don't you know! Get yourself some distilled vinegar and pot them up for winter! Best when small and more crunchy! I know what your like when it comes to a gherkin or two!

Katy Maytey xxx
p.s. Bloody Toby ate Dovey.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

Didn't know that Badgers had green fingers.....super impressed x

9:55 PM  
Blogger Jon M said...

Dwarf French beans are fun to grow cos they're crunchy and crop well. My tomatoes aren't well though!

10:34 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-17keyun
coach outlet online
jordan concords
michael kors outlet sale
coach factory outlet
fitflop clearance
sunglasses oakley
coach outlet store
gucci outlet
lebron 12
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
fit flops
ugg australia
abercrombie and fitch
nike free 5.0
marc jacobs outlet
discount jordans
ugg boots
ray ban outlet store
louis vuitton
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
nike air max uk
louis vuitton bags
toms
p90x
cheap rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet online
jordan retro 11
canada goose
louis vuitton bags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ugg outlet
ugg australia outlet

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home